Wednesday, September 13, 2006

YOU'VE ASKED FOR IT

I think for me it is the comeback to the comment a person makes, which is always a complaint. Essentially it comes down to them wanting to gripe because what they asked for didn't end up with them getting what they expected.

To which my comeback is "so?" I'm real compassionate as you can tell. Actually it isn't that I'm not compassionate as much as I grow wearing of dealing with impulse people. They always say gimmie, gimmie, gimmie without thinking through was happens if they do get what they asked for.

Only they never want to say, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake." Instead it is "Hey I wanted it, but what I got was something different and that is your fault."

I wish I could feel more sorry for such people, but I just can't. Because normally I do my best to be sure that I explain to the upfront the reality of what they are asking. That doesn't mean they listen though. Most of the time they end up hearing only what they want to hear. Which always makes me yawn.

I honestly don't mind people even deciding to change their minds either. Only again what would be helpful is if they would do so without insisting everything was my fault in the process.

The sad thing if it had been my fault I would have probably been celebrating. It would have been another win for the rip off artist. I never feel any sadness over those types of victories.

Unfortunately that never ends up being the type of victory where the loser as in the other person has hoisted a white flag. Oh if that were only the case.

Nope, blame is definitely and issue here. People feel like you burst their bubble and crapped all over their dreamland. They do not thank you for such contributions.

Still, I do take comfort in the little ways that I can rejoice at seeing somebody look utterly shocked and crushed because they were thinking Nirvana was coming and instead got some minor version of hell. Ain't it a shame is how some might say it.

Me, it is just well, okay buddy, since you are unhappy anyway, you might as well bend over and get a real reason for being upset. But then being a politician I do avoid that option.

Instead I just end up looking sad for them. I'm not in reality, but I like to let them think I care.

Later, when I'm alone I get to snicker and remind myself that they truly did ask for it. They just made the mistake of not appreciate that my idea of it wasn't necessarily the same as theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home