Tuesday, September 19, 2006

JUST BLOW IT

Come on do it, do it! That is what I'm tempted to say at times when dealing with some people.

I'm not talking about everyone, just some people. The ones who are obsessed with claiming they never make mistakes. (Yawn.)

It is a sad, but true fact of life that you have to cope with some people who honesty can't accept they are human in terms of not being perfect. Did I miss something or is this really impossible? I think so.

Still, you can deal with some people without sensing they just will never admit they do anything wrong. If they can't find a way to excuse some blunder then they will be sure somebody else gets blamed for it. (Again I say yawn.)

Now as a politician who must protect my image for the sake of getting reelected I'm use to blaming others for my mistakes. But I know I'm doing it. And I also know that in so doing it is just for a specific purpose.

However, I also know in terms of my own life that this is just for appearances. I haven't lost my grasp on reality enough to not know when I blow it. Even though I don't have any plans on admitting it to anyone else.

But in some cases, I have to admit when I deal with somebody who is utterly crippled by a distorted sense of personal identity. They do actually believe they never make mistakes.

You could have pictures, witnesses and even evidence and they would still say they did nothing. Which naturally makes the whole process of coping with such stupidity extra frustrating.

For such people and I have way too many working for me at city hall, there are times when I get so frustrated dealing with such insanity that I'm tempted to scream, "Just blow it." I just think if once they could sit down and accept they were mortal they might honestly be better off.

I do appreciate that is most likely a fantasy when it comes to such people. The only time they can be expected to see the light is when it shines other than on their mistakes.

Life is so rich in contrasts. What a pity they can't all cause smiles. For those that don't you can always still wish for the denial freaks to 'just do it.'

It might not help, but it sure feels better. At least for me. Sometimes I even write it down. But then in my haste I always have to worry I don't end up accidentally making sure the person I'm venting about reads the note. Still, give the nature of some people I'm sure they would assume I'm talking about somebody else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home