Sunday, August 13, 2006

IT IS TO YAWN

Oh yeah, this is the fun part of life isn't it? I'm talking about the wonderful moments to be sure when dull is like some menacing dark lord who is casting a horrible shadow over all of life and soul. Jeez, I've got to stop watching those stupid fantasy/sci-fi flicks where they talk like that.

To be honest sometimes I wonder if we wouldn't be better off is SOMEBODY with real magical power was running things. I mean true, if they were evil if could be a pain in the butt in ways, but I bet it would be exciting. I mean you can say what you want about the dark forces, such as they are, however they do seem to know how to enjoy themselves.

Not that I'm trying to build a case for them or anything, it is just well, they seem to be better at figuring ways to have a good time. I don't want to take anything away from the good guys or those who claim to work for them like the bible thumper types. I'm sure that if properly inspired they could be inclined to put on a good form of entertainment. It is just I don't know, they never seem to actually do that as far as I can tell.

Okay if you say were to get involved with one of the bible thumper groups then you would probably look forward to fun things like potlucks. I'm not really clear on the connection, but from what I have see bible thumpers do seem to make eating a big deal. Which I guess means that God thinks eating is a good thing. That's fine with me.

And in some circles they have things bingo and what they call "fellowship" which as far as I can tell either has to do with the bible in some way or more eating. In any case we're still talking about your basic joy of doing normal stuff. Nothing exotic ( I said exotic and not erotic in case you read that too fast.)

So that means if you are inclined to want to do something other than bingo or stuff you face your sort of out of luck with the good guys. I bet the dark forces at least can throw in some booze if you want it.

Which makes me sort of wonder if perhaps the Lord might be willing to you know grant us bored people some slack in that regard? First of all if I was him, which naturally I'm not, but if I was I think I would give more thought to lighting up things a little more. You know that old saying about catching more flies with honey that vinegar. Well perhaps that would work better in this context too?

See that is the problem. They never ask my opinion on such things. I wish somebody would. I'm sure I could liven things up a bit on Sunday mornings if I was given a chance.

I wonder if they would be against starting out each service with somebody shouting, "it's show time?" Guess there is no point in asking since I hardly can expect to be asked to contribute. However, I shall for the sake of helping to purge this world of the infectious epidemic of incurable yawns offer up modest attempts at some form of adequate medicinal remedy. Er, you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home