Friday, August 11, 2006

DON'T DO IT

Your brain ever whisper this to you? Do you listen? I don't. And normally I feel like an idiot when I don't.

I can't help it. I'm surrounded by too many know-it-alls who don't have a clue to anything truly intelligent or helpful, so I naturally tune out their advice. It is a defense mechanism.

So naturally when my own brain whispers, "hey stupid, don't do it," I don't listen. Which at times can be a real disaster.

However, if is a small consolation that so often I've discover all kinds of people who are guilty of the same problem. How do I know? Easy. By what the say later.

They will make some comment like "I knew something was wrong" or "I had a feeling I shouldn't have done that." Basically, they are telling me they didn't listen either.

Course they never admit to that part. It is generally followed by some silliness where they end up blaming somebody else when things go wrong. It gets kind of boring having listen to all those lies.

Oh well, life can be so entertaining at times in that regard. It is fun to look back and realize your not perfect or even close. I didn't say you admit it to others, just to yourself.

The fun is watching the people who go through the absurdity of lying to themselves. It is amazing.

Even that wouldn't be so bad if they didn't bother trying to tell you how they didn't really make a mistake. Or they ramble on about how it is somebody else's fault. Boring!

I didn't say I didn't do it myself. But most of the time I don't try to pretend to myself, jsut to others.

In any case, don't do it is one of those little "thoughts of regret" that comes into everyone's life. And it can be so entertaining to watch the way some fight so avoid the reality.

Heck on a good day, I even provide the joy of crying towel on some occasions. I don't know if I'm in a good mood I can enjoy a good story.

Plus most of the time these are stories that never end in a happy ending. At least not for the person telling it.

However it does for me when I see how stupid the person feels. Then later I feel better about myself since that is one situation where somebody was made to look like an idiot instead of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home