Saturday, August 05, 2006

TAKING TO THE ...

Ah, taking is the key here for me. Which is why I didn't finish the phrase. Because is other than a voluntary act. It is grabbing for whatever and you never grab as a rule unless it is for something you honestly want.

That is why I have problem with when this is completed with the word, "limit." I hate limits. The very idea implies a lack of freedom.

And normally limits are imposed not on things you hate, but love. Such as in stores where they mark something "limit" two or however many to a customer. That just naturally screams in your loins, "more, more, more."

Now a more blessed version of this phrase involves something like "take it to the bank." Which implies a reward. I can accept that part.

Perhaps there are a few who don't savor the concept of even giving this phrase that much thought. That doesn't surprise me. I'm sure there are some who honestly enjoy any kind of restraint. It does simplify life. And it gives you a nice excuse for not trying.

Well for us human leeches out there, what can I say? Taking is as natural as breathing. I just don't care to pretend about it, that's all.

At least off the record. On my job as Mayor I can't declare my taking as freely. People get so grumpy and unreasonable when an elected official who has to be greedy just to get voted into office does admit to being greedy. Isn't that silly?

But in some ways, life is silly anyway. So if silly works, then be silly. And I do. As often as I can.

In the meantime, I do translate the idea of limits to my own level. Which means a limit on the degree to which I will try and act decent. Yeah, that's the kind of limit that works for me.

Meanwhile for the dreamers, schemers and those who plot as reamers I say go for it. Whatever it is. Just don't do it in my town.

Why waste time where the competition can be so darn nasty? I'm sure a person of your grabbing talents can find a wonderful place to pouch.

I'll even give you the precious gift of an endorsement. One that I'm sure will help you in a lot of ways.

I will expect a little compensation along the way. But I'm sure you would expect that anyway right?

So go forth and grab. If you bag your limit, I'll applaud right before I hold out my hand to expect a cut for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home