Tuesday, August 01, 2006

THE THRILL OF IT ALL

This is one of those things where good is the part that needs to be emphasized. That's because plenty of people have stuff. However, having good stuff is totally different.

And let me tell you if you don't know the difference, please don't call me or try to show off your stuff to me either. I would rather not even bother to be given the chance to share
in your idea of treasure if it is crap.

That might seem like I'm being unkind, but believe me when it comes to someone thinking something is valuable it doesn't have a whole lot to do with what the item is really worth. Of that you can be guaranteed.

Of course there are various hints you will discover that help to suggest that certain person's idea of value is slightly skewed. First of all if all their clothes are purchased from a thrift store, we are probably not talking about someone who worries too much about fashion.

At least I no longer spend to much time in the company of that one individual who thought buying his clothes from a funeral parlor or old folks home. Admittedly, I wasn't all that keen about him sharing his idea of fashion tips.

And as I said I did not continue keeping him in my circle of contacts after he volunteered his shopping preference. Well to be honest the real clincher was after he mentioned how his idea of good time for a date was a picnic at midnight in some cemetery. The moment he mentioned it was the best time to dig up a date I changed the subject.

Aside from this given situation though most of my experience with people's good stuff ideas haven't been quite as ghoulish. A little weird at times, but not as completely insane.

Basically as long as the person doesn't try to inflict their concept of good stuff on me, I'm happy. Which is nearly impossible to keep from happening on some occasions.

Such as when my secretary decides to "bless" me with a gift. The person who said it is the thought that counts obvious was never blessed with a stuff pink penguin. One that has a beak that lights up when you touch it and it sings the Star Spangled Banner.

As well intentioned as the idea might have been, it just didn't work for me. What made it worse was that she wanted to show it off to everyone that came to the office.

What can I say. I was so crushed when we suffered that burglary and the only they took was that penguin. Who would have known it was regarded as treasure by some thief. It does sadden me to think of how they criminal will probably never be caught. Somehow I'll do my best to cope.

And in the process be grateful that didn't have to paid too much to have the penguin stolen. But then, I'll never admit it either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home