Sunday, April 16, 2006

SILENCE ISN'T GOLDEN

I don’t care what anybody says, but there are a lot to times when silence isn’t golden, it is a down right pain in the butt. I’m speaking of the countless times when people don’t like something, but don’t say so. However, you can be sure their actions will express their dissatisfaction. And that shouts a lot louder than their lack of comments.

Admittedly there are times when I prefer silence. I just don’t even want to hear about criticisms to some plan of mind. I can figure plenty of those out for myself.

Okay, so let me do a bit of a review here. Gold. Gold is good. It is very valuable. It is something that if you have enough of it you’re rich. But gold isn’t easy to lug around so you normally stick it in a bank and haul around green paper or plastic. Weight being the important factor, right?

So we have established anything treated as gold is thus meant in a good way. At least I think that is the prevailing thought. But gold as it applies in different circumstances has different meanings.

For example there is the golden rule. Which to me is “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Only you don’t actually earn any gold in the process. So you get to be nice, but poor in the process. Is that what they are trying to say.

And nowhere in any of that does silence fit into the golden rule. Is this sort of inconsistent or what. Well you can be sure silence if it is golden still doesn’t get you any bucks. So that part is the same. You still don’t get rich in the process either. Hmmm, interesting connection isn’t it?

Then there is the idea of one’s golden years. Now that part sort of makes sense. Between all the health issues and other costs you really do need plenty of gold to survive those years. Which obviously is a whole different slant on one’s golden years than some might regard as relevant.

All of which is sort of a general rambling to inspire the idea that perhaps we love the idea of gold, but are pretty darn thoughtless in terms of what decide really qualifies as golden. At least it is too me.

When it comes to silence then. My idea of it being golden is when you keep your mouth shut about some plot. That kind of silence is the kind that will yield you some gold in terms of rewards providing you managed to make the plan work. So perhaps it should be silence and not stupid in you con is golden. I guess that might be too long to fit on some bumper sticker. So I suppose it makes sense why they would shorten it.

I hope this little reflection helps in one way or another. Basically the rule is, keep you mouth shut when you are risking some gold you want to steal. Keep that rule and then the silence will be golden. As for the rest of the time, do whatever. Just don’t blame me if you end up with no bucks in the process, because I told you so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home