Saturday, January 28, 2006

A JAR OF...

I think jars are such a perfect invention. You can see what is in them and they don’t attempt to claim they are say a jam if they are really mustard. So you get into the mindset of presuming that the jar people for whatever are truly reliable. I don’t know about you, but I never open a jar of mayonnaise for example and worry that it will be something else.

The one thing you can’t control with jars is whether what is inside is really going to taste good. Oh you might not worry about it being spoiled, but unless you’ve tried that brand before you might not be totally sure how it will taste.

Now why am I going on and on about jars? Well why not? I guess I’m just reflecting on how truly glorious it is that the individual who put things in jars are totally aware how with glass jars they inspire confidence. It doesn’t take speeches, it doesn’t take promise, just a plain clear glass that lets you examine the contents.

I suppose in part I’m envious since I can achieve that kind of trust as a politician. I can put myself in some jar and do it in a way that people will accept without question. Naturally if I was in a jar I would expect it to look so gross nobody would want it anyway.

Ah perhaps there is room for a political condiment though in our society. Some kind of sandwich spread you could put on a pile of crap to make it smell and even taste better.

But then that could get messy too. I mean there would be the issue of who would you honestly trust in terms of putting the stuff in a jar.

Okay, I can imagine there is probably somebody out there who is most likely saying, “Boy Rash you obviously have way too much time on your hands.” And I’ll be honest that to some degree they are right.

However where else, but here are you going to enjoy the thrill of having some career politician see the significance of jars in terms of voters? Now I ask you is that talent or what? I know you’ll probably say what.

At least I didn’t talk about cans. They are bad from my point of view in terms of politics. After all you can see the contents. You have to depend upon the label being correct. But do you really have the same confidence in the contents as you do with a jar? Yet even if you do can you say the consequence of opening it will mean it will taste better than what is in a jar? Too many questions perhaps?

I merely want you to consider in terms of politics that jar candidates are better than can candidates. Because you can “twist” a jar candidate to get results. That means they are flexible. With a can candidate you have to “pry them open” and that isn’t always an easy task. Just a little political condiment comment to help you pass the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home