Wednesday, January 25, 2006

SHAKE IT, DON'T BREAK IT

My slant on this is to shake up some situation or person, but not make the whole thing fall apart so it is broken. While I say that is my slant, accomplishing it can be really tough.

What I’m speaking about is remembering today’s failure could be tomorrows victor. Oh true, normally people either have a track record of success or they don’t, but just can’t rule out the unexpected.

Which is why I’m such a sap for allowing so many darn losers hang around. I just keep hoping something will happen or I can shake them up in some way that will end in them a winner.

Have my labors been fruitful? Well that depends on who is keeping score? From my view if I take some totally useful and dysfunctional person and inspired them to manage to end up being the least bit competent then I have done my job.

I do have to admit that the ugly monster of frustration does attack at times. I can’t say that there aren’t times when I don’t get inspired to just say forget this stupidity.

Then I remember back a few years ago when this one young and backwards kid just needed a break in order to rise above his self-imposed limitations. So I tried to give the kid a break. Open a few doors and in the end I was confident that it would end in his becoming a success.

The great news was that it worked. He went from being a shy, backwards person and into somebody who was a real social climber. All it took was money, time and enough bribes to the right people to lie well enough to make him really think he was that great.

Boy was I proud of that effort. I really did shake it without breaking it. That sure was a time that made me proud.

Later unfortunately the jerk turned his back on me, tried to help an opponent get elected as Mayor and basically did his level best to rip me off. Man was that such a joy to see him turn out just like me!

Okay perhaps to some that wouldn’t be success. The good news was that he ended up going to another city, screwing up and eventually got busted for one reason or another.

Do I regret my help to the guy? Not at all. I managed to take a possible threat to my own little world and make sure I build him up enough so his ego would totally ruin him. Now that’s talent if you ask me.

That’s the Limburger style of helping others. I can’t sell it, but at least it helps me to survive for another election!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home