Monday, January 23, 2006

BIG TROUBLE

My interpretation of big trouble is something that will risk giving me a problem of any size. If it doesn’t happen to me then it isn’t something I regard as big trouble.

So that way I keep things simple. If my world is under a attack then that is big trouble. If it is your world, we’ll we can do lunch if you treat and I’ll listen. I might not do anything about it, but I’ll listen.

Now come on and tell me you don’t know plenty of other people who think the same way? And being your typical back-stabbing, lazy, lying creep I think I am more representative of human nature than the ones that feel a need to pretend they have morals.

Personally I don’t mind someone preserving some fantasy of how they care about everyone else. They are entitled to such an image if it really helps them.

Can I have a cheer for the issue of caring? It is a wonderful attribute. I just haven’t experience it’s reality that often.

I will admit that I have heard about it a lot. Plenty of people love to say we should do things like love our neighbor as ourselves. And I do practice that kind of caring any time my neighbor is a lonely and bored housewife in need of attention because her husband is gone all the time. Er I guess there are a lot of people who wouldn’t regard that as the type of caring you get applause for. Well I’m sorry, but it is the best I can do, which for me is still caring even if it only gets me sneers from the readers.

The primary problem with that kind of caring is it too can lead to big trouble if you happen to get too carried away with the caring part and the ladies husband happens to find out. Which is why part of my caring routine includes making sure if we end up at some motel that the clerk doesn’t see my companion’s face. Those clowns have no shame in terms of telling on you if the price is right.

Plus you have to be careful about neighbors too. Try explaining my version of loving my neighbor to some of them and get any understanding. It often only leads to some other form of big trouble and that is hardly helpful.

Life does go on though. And I’m grateful for that. When you spend enough time in the kind of caring that I invest then you do appreciate how big trouble is always a possibility. So I’m always prepared with enough excuses and places to hide to be sure the big trouble is kept a small as possible.

I just hope sharing this little tidbit of fact is in anyway helpful to those other wonderful caring folks out there who are involved with similar acts of kindness. And if by chance you end up with too much of a dose of big trouble in the process, I’ll do my best to understand. Help, maybe not. But I’ll understand. Which I think is the perfect way to at least preserved the illusion of seeing your trouble as big trouble whether it is to me or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home