Saturday, January 21, 2006

STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT

Seeing stars at night isn’t that hard is it? During the day though it is definitely a lot tougher. And if you aren’t even looking for them you can be sure won’t see them.

What make a star special is how it stands out. You just can miss them. They twinkle and even with a bunch other stars they are still something we can tell from another star.

Well so much for astronomy. My whole point of this was to point out how a real star gets our attention. And the same is true with people I think who stand out for some reason.

Unlike a star thought, which always shines so bright, people can stand out for either good or bad reason. Which isn’t all bad from my point of view.

That is because the way I feel about it we need to be able to see both the good and bad when they shine. How can you really know the good if you don’t see the bad.

Amazing to me if someone is a star for some good type of shining, we sort of expect them to be humble. If the person is a star for a bad reason we almost expect him to brag about it. As if there isn’t much of a value in them working so hard to excel as something bad unless they really, really enjoyed it.

But and I again say, but, that doesn’t necessarily apply to politics. Personally that really bugs me too. If you shine, you can’t really do so as a politician unless you CHEAT. Only you can’t brag about it because people expect you as a winner to have a good image.

Is it just me or does any of this sound insane to you? Hey I have to live with it constantly so be grateful you just have to vote.

So that’s my universe if you will. Can I get any sympathy ahh’s? No? I didn’t think so. That’s okay I don’t mind. I got plenty of space in my little universe to all the stars I need to be whether you want to watch them shine or not.

If not the feel free to take your telescope of whatever prejudice lights your fire and point it towards a star you do like. Just a little suggestion though. Don’t look too closely. Because if the star it human you can be darn sure what is making it shine isn’t necessarily always good.

I just thought I would toss that in for the benefit of any star gazers who haven’t done more than glance at the twinkle and said, “Oooh, pretty.” Just don’t do more than glance and you will be okay.

Meanwhile, I got to be off and star another star to twinkle. I do that with speeches. Hey it twinkles, even with lies to help it. You twinkle you star your way and I’ll do mine my way. Happy skies and star watching folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home