Tuesday, January 24, 2006

THE FUN ZONE

Now to me the best fun zone is the one between the ears. Okay I know that is probably a worn out observation to some degree. But heck I figure it has been done so often it is worth saying again. Plus it cuts down on new crap I got to think up.

The one truly great thing about the fun zone is it can honestly be free if you are creative. Well the idea part and joy can be free, but depending on the complication of you forms of rides that can be expensive.

Let’s face it the zone between the ears is rent free. But to add fun takes stuff you have to either rent or buy from somebody else.

The one thing we do know is that merchants are aware that none of us wants a boring fun zone. So they stand back and are ready, willing and able to accommodate our every lust for the right price. Yep, depending on your tastes and desires even if they aren’t always legal you can truly look forward to finding the right kind of fun somewhere.

From my view that is a great thing. I love the aspect of being able to know that somewhere out there I can find a sympathetic and helpful businessman who will cater to my every fantasy. (The ones that are extra helpful are those nice ladies who set up their business on the sidewalks. Course you normally have to go to their “office” in some motel to conclude the business, but as long as they aren’t hiding a badge somewhere it normally works out okay.)

What I’m trying to figure is how come you can go to an amusement park fun zone and squander a small fortune and nobody will normally complain. That often means fighting crowds, putting up with all kinds of traffic problems and god knows what else. Yet for some they will envy this type of recreation. You can tell that because the last I checked the really huge theme and amusement parks aren’t going out of business.

But what if you decide to save travel time and money by doing you search for entertaining at home. You aren’t going any farther than your brain. It isn’t going to cost you much more than the price of say renting a DVD. Or perhaps you’ll end up stomping around those “creative” web sites that are designed to give you a smile.

Can you brag about that? You can, but nobody will care. I tell you that just isn’t fair. Here I am saving money, not using gas and nobody seems to appreciate the effort.

And it is all for the simple quest to give my personal fun zone a little zest you can’t find everywhere. Alas there just isn’t any reward for trying to be thoughtful of others in that regard.

Nevertheless until I’m forced to stop, I’m going to stock my personnel fun zone with my favorite forms of entertainment. I can’t say that I can necessarily admit to the types of entertainment I’m going to keep in my fun zone. Not until the concept of what is legal is given a different interpretation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home