Friday, January 20, 2006

ROLL OVER AND PLAY IT AGAIN

As a politician one of my favorite songs is one I call, “The masochistic voter’s waltz.” It’s a great tune for me because it is the one where I manage to abuse the voters till they are knocked down and then I succeed in getting them to roll over so I can do it again. Call it silly or down right disgusting, but I just get so exciting when I have a chance to savory some sweet and easy victory.

What I have to avoid is the temptation to boast over such victories. Oh I will play the again and again and never grow tired, but I never and I mean never let the voter know what the lyrics are that go with the catchy song.

Ah there is just such a personal joy that having a hit song that only I can sing. Well at least in my city.

However I’m sure from what I’ve seen there are plenty of other songwriters our there with their own version of this same song. Like me they have found plenty of voters who truly enjoy hearing the melody.

So I just wanted to stop and say thank you all those faithful music lovers that just keep rolling over and letting me play it again. You’re fantastic. You’re the reason that makes every season a joy when the music gets to play. I salute you for you being so glorious gullible and being so tolerant of my greed. You’re such a treasure.

Um, I get a feeling that the voters in my city who hear my version of this song may not be ready to necessarily rejoice over the tune. Oh they aren’t going to change the music, but they might not say thank you either.

Which is the best part. They just keep listening anyway. Isn’t that special? It is to me. And like I said it just fills me with joy to know how wonderful the song is for them.

My biggest regret is that I don’t have a chance to be sure the whole world knows what a great songwriter I am. All this talent and I can never look forward to a gold record, grammy or having it played on the radio. Isn’t that a shame? Oh shut up!

Yeah I know, this is not the kind of music that one calls beautiful. It’s the type you listen to and wished you didn’t have to hear. But you going to roll over and play again just the same.

Ah the sweet melody that spares me the regret of having to explain all my blunders when I don’t want to. Who knows maybe someday though I’ll figure a way to rewrite this song so it can be played somewhere that everyone will actually enjoy. And I might even get a professional singer to sing it.

Oh the other hand I don’t know how I can change the words, “roll over and play it again because I’m a sucker for abuse” to rhyme. Hmmm, maybe I’ll check with some of the other political songwriters. Couldn’t hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home