Thursday, January 19, 2006

SPARE ME

We keep a spare tire in the trunk of a car if we have a flat tire. And for some of us who love food too much it could be said that our figures suspiciously appears as if we swallow that tire. Which in term of the body means you lack of a “flat” stomach is evident that you probably would be better off getting rid of that tire.

That’s just a little diversion for a variety of reasons. However we do appreciate a spare is important in the right situations. (I’m still working on the perfect excuse to explain how the one on the body has a good value.)

On a personal level the one thing I truly savor is the “spare” buddy or friend. When life goes flat and you feel a little down there is nothing more helpful than a good friend to help you keep moving ahead.

Why if they are truly beneficial they will even jack you up and make sure you feel so great and just happy to be alive. Then in times you don’t mind being a good spare yourself.

The big challenge as a spare is not being full of only hot air. Well intentioned people who try to be a good spare, but only are capable of telling you lies just aren’t that good at helping to keep you going.

Being the kind of person as a politician who is naturally full of hot air when I’m called upon to fix a emotional flat in somebody’s life believe me I do the best to avoid all my usual lies. It can be tough, but I honestly try.

That is why the whole “spare me” approach really works best just with people you care about. Believe me I’ve tried it with people who I have to deal with as Mayor that are feeling a little flat, but it just doesn’t work. I wish it could, but for me I can’t get passed the lying part since for me all voters are primarily a resource instead of a relationship.

You want me to lie about that part? I don’t mind if it makes you think it is somehow going to change things. But a spare tire that does really help whether it sounds good or not just doesn’t improve things. Fact of life.

To my few friends then I say, by all means, spare me. And I’ll be glad to do the same for you.

As for the rest, well what can I say? I’ll be more than happy to be a spare and help you with that flat tire. Of course when you aren’t looking, I pick your pocket, then steal your car. I’ll use your credit card to fill it up with gas so I can drive to you house and keep you wife entertained while you are walking.

Afterwards I’ll drive you car till it breaks down and sell it to a junk yard car and be sure you get the bill for the towing. Yep, I agree I’m far better at causing flats than being a spare. Just do me a favor and ‘spare’ me the comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home