Wednesday, December 31, 2008

TRADITIONS

TRADITIONS

Oh yes, what would life be like without these? All the occasions when we have those wonderful expectations.

How it makes us so full of joy to celebrate some time honor rituals. It does give life so many reasons to be happy.

But then you never know if that will be a good option. I mean some rituals are down right stupid.

Oh we still do then and maybe even complain about them, but that doesn’t make them any less insane. Just makes us more so for participating.

Therein lies the crux of irony. This oddity of the mind that decided we are going to do something even if it doesn’t make sense.

Now this is a practice the definitely does bring a few smiles. Oh yeah we can really find reasons to do that.

I mean to sit and do something over and over again you don’t have to do is not quite being logical. But then we add to the insanity by actually spending money on the process.

Can anyone label this a moron? Well the problem is we all stand in line at the stupid store.

So I plead guilty for playing my part in all this idiocy. I should know better, but I don’t. I should say forget, but I don’t.

Nope I will be one of those standing in line to buy all the crap somebody says you can’t life without. And I will do it next year too.

And then I will not stop complaining. Why? Because it feels good. I figure if I do that long enough I will forget it is my fault.

Now perhaps somebody says this whole thing is stupid. Maybe they even go so far as to say forget it.

What happens to them? They get labeled as a Scrooge. Yeah, that will happen. And who thinks it is a good thing?

We never answer that one. We are too busy buying more crap and finding some new reason to gripe about it.

It is to smile. Well to a degree. The one where accept that life sucks and we might as well be nuts about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home