Wednesday, October 08, 2008

NUTS

Ah, the joy for squirrels. That delight to snack on with beer. Such a thrill when you can sprinkle them on a hot fudge sundae.

But then there are the other kinds of nuts. Yeah, the ones that rattle around in a person's brain.

Dealing with those can be so much fun. Even more so since they most likely in no way will it be the least be sane.

Not that I worry about it. After all there are just so many situations where somebody just is cracked.

They can't help it. They try to be sane, but just doesn't happen. So instead they just waver between reality and fiction.

Which is fine on some levels. Maybe not all, but some. And I am doing my best to try and not let it get to me.

Well I do try. Not that it works, but it sounds so wonderful to say. Just never is easy to make it function.

Perhaps part of this is in the issue of expectations. Maybe it is just too much to think people should be normal.

Instead I have set my sites to appreciate how it is necessary to savor how the mind works or should I say, doesn't work. Just you know acknowledging that reality.

Now the hard part is not letting this fact get to you. Just be able to celebrate with a smile that people are different.

And doing it with a nice sense of humor. Well what can I say? Not really sure. Just trying to make it work.

Which so far it doesn't in the arena of what will ever make sense. And that is okay. At least at times.

In the meantime we must be prepared to embrace that life has to have the nuts and those are not nuts. Um, sane then.

But in order to function you just have to toil away and accept that you do need the nuts too. You can't just have candy or burgers.

My whim of choice if you will. I do like it though. Makes it all sound so much nicer in some ways.

Which is all better than pretending we don't crave nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home