Thursday, October 02, 2008

CLUBS

CLUBS

Ah yes, the joy of being special. Somewhere you can go and truly feel unique. And have others treat you as other than ordinary.

There are all kinds of places where you can find a club to join. But not all of them are quite worth joining.

If they have as their purpose for being something totally lame, then don't expect smiles. Or even fun.

Now you can definitely plenty of those in my city. I'm sorry, but a lint collectors club is not my speed.

And then there are so many others too. Man simply unbelievable what some people in my city think is a good club.

There are some I have no choice as Mayor, but to join. Just a requirement of my position.

So I join up and find it so less than inspiring when that means I have to and sit around to listen to a report. Oh yes, I've heard some crazy ones.

I wish I could say I love talking about things such as bugs. But it just doesn't help me in any way.

I don't get to make up reason to avoid some meetings. Mainly by going to a different meeting.

Hopefully one that will be more entertaining than the one I missed. But sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

What really sucks is if you get an invite from somebody that is really know for a good time. Then you find out later they were not even in the club.

Only you don't discover that fact till you show up at the meeting and the person isn't there. Too late to leave then.

Now I have been working on ways to make this work better. Mainly by creating my own clubs.

Some of course cater to special needs. Not always the kind you can brag about I'm afraid.

But still ones that need to provide a service. Just we meet at times and places that we don't tell others.

Yeah those kinds. but so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home