Thursday, August 07, 2008

HAVING FUN YET?

I think I could ask most people this question and the answer would be no. They might answer yes on some occasions, but not all the time.

The main thing to me is that we don't ask because we aren't expecting things to be fun. Oh we might no admit it, but the truth is our anticipation is not in the amusement park.

Instead we sort of accept options. You know a little grief to go along with the boredom. Yep, all in a day's work.

And let me tell you paychecks without smiles are hardly paydays. That really does take the fun out of it.

Just a detour that really we do because we have no choice. Oh we do prefer to not say it that way.

Sounds too depressing. Just takes away from our joy. And that never gives much reason to smile.

So I am here to offer, humbly, a few suggestions on ways to improve this situation. Just a little chance to you know find that fun.

First of all, distraction helps. A chance to think in terms that are no boring. Those little moments when we can drift away from the yawns.

Maybe we don't quite have the time or inclination to make it all work the way we want. But we an fun imagining it that way

What we do is give others the opinion we are enjoying ourselves. Now that really makes a difference.

It is half the fun. Just to be able to sit back with that smug, I'm enjoying myself look. It drives others nuts.

Now, that is entertainment! And it really does make things go easier. Hardly perfect. That takes really creativity.

But if you can work it out then great. Just another smile you can invent to make the world believe you are enjoying it.

Sure does make me happy to do that. For that I find myself being grateful. Just for the opportunity to enjoy a few moments on this terrace of deception.

It is a nice stroll when you can take it. And so much better when others think you are enjoying it when they are not.

Always a thrill. For me at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home