Friday, August 08, 2008

EXCELLENT

Do we need a definition on the meaning of this word? I can't imagine we need to. I think we all understand it.

At least to the point that when the word is mention we can get excited. For regardless of what else we disagree with excellent we all know doesn't mean crap.

So at the very least we expect something good. And I think we all appreciate how that is important.

In fact just adding the word to an object can improve it in the mind of most. Now it might not really be excellent, but we thing of it differently.

So I do my best to weave it into conversations when I can. Which does certainly helps with some people's attitudes.

And you better believe with certain individuals a lie about excellent can be truly necessary. They just need the nudge.

Now maybe some don't think this is a good approach. But isn't excellent truly a matter of perception?

And if somebody suggests or makes it clear that things are excellent people are more prone to agree. A few extra words can make all the difference.

Providing they are the right words. You can't be obvious about the lies. They do have to be believable.

And naturally you do have to look sincere. Faking it won't cut it. Nope that will not make it work.

So part of this is making sure you can act really great. Otherwise if you don't have a history of being thought of as sincere it won't work.

And I am grateful that I have mastered that option. Truly feels so good. I can paint those words just right.

Then comes time to sit back and admire my artwork. This is when I see person who truly loves what I did.

And the nice thing is if it is crap all the better. Now that is real skill. Got to love it. I know I do.

But that is all part of the joy of making this work. I have done it so many times it is excellent itself.

Can't stop wanting that joy. As long as somebody buys it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home