Monday, July 21, 2008

DOWN BY THE RIVERSLIME

This is one of those things that doesn't exist. Not officially. That would not be acceptable by most standards.

Okay we all know the drill. Pollution is bad. Pollution is evil. And whatever we can do to eliminate it is good.

Now the problem is we don't want to part with our toys. No, no, no, never. Oh we will let others do that, but not us.

If it sounds like I am mocking this you are right. I am not saying I love pollution, just that I acknowledge it is a reality.

How can you have products made that have waste as leftover and not appreciate somebody has to take care of them? And sometimes nobody wants to.

Makes perfectly good sense to me. We love the joy, hate the chore. Rule of human nature.

Only problem is nobody quite wants to acknowledge the rule. They want to play, but never pay.

So in the process naturally the dudes who make the toys and have crap leftover are supposed to pretend this is no crap. Of find a way to get rid of it that nobody has to think about.

Yep, a real joy of a choice. I love it. Pity it doesn't happen to be a choice that some agree with.

Now in my city we have simple solutions to such problems. We just have a special arrangement with the businessmen.

Not that we tell the public. But they don't seem to worry about it much. Course we don't quite brag about it either.

And when the river does sort of glow, we just tell them it is the new and improved treatment stuff from the sewer plant. That seems to work good enough.

Well enough so they don't complain too much. And we do have to work extra hard to make sure the public swimming pools are open.

You know so nobody swims in the river. They get kind of upset if the end up glowing. Thank goodness the water in the pools was purified.

Well enough to it doesn't glow. Course I don't swim there myself, but then I have never been partial to water that might so of eat my pores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home