Friday, July 18, 2008

SURE

So comforting when somebody says this. Even more so when they mean it. That is a problem at times

You just have to contend with being unsure if it is true or not. That can be a major concern if you don't know the problem very well.

See the difficulty is one of coping with the "almost" situations. Those are the ones where a person means one thing and says another.

So when they say, sure, they mean maybe. Or worse, use it as a stall until they can figure out a good lie to not follow through on their promise.

Now there are ways to feel them out on such things. For example you prod deeper into how they feel on the subject in question.

It is amazing how easy that will make them disclose something they didn't say. Just a subtle aspect to the truth.

And that is always a blessing when you find out before it is too late. I love that part. Yeah, saves any problems later.

Now the real pain is when they are sneaky. Have the ability to fool you until it is too late. Man is that the pits.

But then I guess it would be nice if I didn't have the need to rip people off as much. It is a hard habit to break.

I keep vowing I will give it up. And it normally lasts for a whole day. But then sooner or later it fizzles.

Then I have to go back to plan A. That is the one where I have to figure out the best way to intimidate.

It is difficult though. Because too often I have to bluff. And that carries the risk of them finding out.

So I hardly see that as a good option. But then I do appreciate that is difficult at times. Such a challenge to make them not weasel out at the last minute.

Now the fun is sometimes just trying to guess. Yeah, doing the best to scope out who will have a spine and who is a jelly fish.

With the right practice it really works too. And that always makes me so proud. Up to the point I find out I blew it.

Then I have to make the next sucker pick up the tab for that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home