Monday, May 12, 2008

OKAY

One thing I appreciate is how this never means okay. People say it, but never truly feel that way.

And if you take it for face value that is fine. Only problem is that you often never get them to confess the truth.

It is like they are afraid you will get upset if they say they are pissed off. Yep, that is normally what happens.

Oh they will sort of drop a few hints about being lies than thrilled in life. But not enough to truly let it become a confession.

So you have to dance around the truth. And that can be a very boring waltz. I just wish at times they would get on with it and explode.

Might be nice for a chance. Well providing they don't do it at me. That is not cool. And I really am not thrilled by that option.

Fortunately, this detour seldom comes my way. It generally lingers out there as a possibility, but doesn't end up being a problem.

I am grateful for the times I can just ignore a grumpy person who says everything is okay. No word means no response required.

And that is where I leave it unless they finally decide to spill their guts. Which I definitely never encourage.

In any case, I mosey along, content in my bliss and ignorance. Really is such a special time of peace.

And the trick is to try and gauge when they might be inclined to cross over. Meaning when they elect to try and up the stakes and make it known.

That is the kind of knowledge I can live without. I really will not volunteer to ask either, which is the most important part.

So instead I play the fake and shake method. Fake them out with some lie and then shake the candy of some other ear who will listen.

That is the best part. Making sure they never get that chance to bore. Hate to you know to get all disturbed about this.

Just not my idea of a good time. And after all life sucks enough so we need as many of those as we can have.
Just finding them can be a chore when so many are complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home