Tuesday, May 13, 2008

GETTING OVER IT

The people who talk about this always seem to not apply the idea to themselves. It is more a theory best used on others.

Well at least that seems to be the case. Based on so many I have dealt with. So of one of those cases of do as I say, not as I do situations.

Anyone ever buy that one? I know I never did and still don't.. In a way it does sound good. An attempt to give advice.

Which never works out since the person seeing you tell them to say no when they have said yes just doesn't cut it. But it happens all the time just the same.

Now as a politician this is almost a law. A standard of behavior that is rather hard to avoid.

Not that too many of us try. We have too much fun making it seem like we are being noble, which we are not.

Only it would never work that way in other situations. Just has a special quality for the old political game.

At least as a Mayor it is how I view it. Not that all people regard it that way. Some will just get upset.

Meanwhile I stand at the threshold of change and ponder the ramifications of our political system. Hmm, sounds pretty good.

I will have to remember that for down the road. I'm sure it will fit into a speech somewhere.

Oh yeah, speeches are the best form of therapy that never works, which one can imagine. I love that option.

Hard to get people excited about it at times. They expect a little action to go with the words.

The sillies. Oh yeah that is really such a joy. Having to make up crap so you don't have to deal with it.

And then making it seem sincere. Talk about such fun. I sure don't enjoy those moments.
But then I'm sure I will get over it.

At least with another lie to make it all better. Nothing finer than a nice lie for a liner. Yup, that works so good.

Well on paper at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home