Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT

There are some things we are truly better off not knowing. Just to our benefit to be ignorant. No matter what we care to imagine, sometimes it really is so much safer to be uninformed.

Yes, I would say I like this option. And I do appreciate how often this does not quite seem to be a good choice.

We do seem to love truth. Well in theory. In reality we really want truth when it doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I love when I can have painless truth. Of fact that don't stab me in the heart. Ooh, does that smart.

So I enjoy the precious opportunities to savor not having any anxiety. You know where the truth is going to really hurt.

Now in my case this is extra important. Mainly because I lie a lot. And so the truth really is extra painful.

Some might say that it would be helpful if I didn't lie. Well I have thought of that. But it won't work.

Because nobody wants the truth if it hurts. Doesn't matter if the facts are correct. Just spare us the pain.

It is like with the government. And especially at my local level. Now the prevailing opinion is often that we have lots of money.

Of course that is not really true. Oh we do have resources, but not unlimited. And these come from things like taxes.

Now I really enjoy when I get those with attitudes of being tax payers. Like they own our butts.

Hate to disappoint them, but that is not even close to the truth. I am an employee, but not a slave.

Sorry, but I do windows or take out the trash, I am not anyone's gopher. So you might pay taxes, but then so do I.

So deal with it. Have fun, be nice and don't piss me off. Those should be easy rules to follow.

Course that is if you read them as I write them. And let me tell you some sure don't want that. They get an alternate version to fit their world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home