Saturday, March 01, 2008

FIVE FEET AND MORE

Now you would think that five feet would not matter that much. You know it isn't a lot of distance or height.

But it is amazing how a little thing like that can add up. And really with the right amount of time and thought even five feet can turn into a huge about for something people can argue over.

It might seem kind of silly to some, but not to me. Honestly, it is one of those things that can start out simple and get so complicated.

And believe me I did not in the least expect it either. Just not one of those things that makes you smile.

Well it does me at least. Maybe not for everyone though. I can appreciate how some would be able to avoid such things.

Where this subject came up in my think was over a little incident that took place. One of those things that you know you end up smiling about to keep from being pissed off.

I have sort of come to appreciate them as part of life where I live in the city of Mediocrity. Wish it wasn't true.

Essentially, this is a matter of endurance. You see dull is really a constant state of being in my city.

One you can't hide from or escape. It is sort of an infection. One for which the only known cure is to totally leave town.

Presuming you don't carry the disease with you. Then you will just end up infecting other cities.

And in some places they have people who actually care. That honestly will try to be involved and do something outstanding.

Well that just won't be something a person who lives in my city can handle. They have worked too darn hard on being bland.

Then they mosey out there and do their thing in the real world. That is when it gets nasty.

But I am merciful and always let them come back. Maybe I do expect them to pay a price, but the do come back.

Now what does any of this to do with five feet and more? That is the distance I measure for their request. If it gets tossed farther than that then I might bother looking at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home