Friday, February 22, 2008

COST EFFECTIVE

Profitable and prudent are not always the same thing. And when you are talking government spending it is even more absurd.

After all the government does operate on a profit, so why should it really be in charge of regulating businesses? And as a Mayor I am saying that.

Now I realize that I do have to take the position with this one that I would support an independent means to deal with this aspect. Do we really want to leave this in the hands of lawyers?

Not me. I want it organized by a committee of businessmen. Yeah, let's give them a shot at making this work.

Now as a Mayor I will be glad to sit in and lend my political help to the cause. Perhaps I could even you know, be willing to say give them a few ideas of improving things.

Naturally, I would expect to be given some compensation for my assistance. Not a lot you understand.

Just some free benefits from their businesses might work. However you know I would be reasonable about it.

Nothing fancy or overly costly. Just a free car or house for starters. You never know when that would help out.

In return I would help to assist them in many different ways. Just a few to be sure they got the right results.

Oh we could be flexible on things like say the regulations. Wouldn't want to you know, press the issue. Just give it a little flexible meaning.

I mean we really do need to avoid that problem. Really does need to be the way we ignore facing bigger issues.

And I'm all for that. Yep, if I can find a way to help out the working man so he doesn't have to be stress over life that is good.

And if I can do that while getting paid, even better. So that is how I choose to approach this issue.

Which works so well for me. And hopefully this holds true for others also. I do my best with such options.

And once and a while I do hope they work out the way I dream. Not always, but enough to be felt in my bank accounts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home