Sunday, December 02, 2007

WONDERFULLY BORING

Ah, this might seem impossible to believe, but you know there are times when some things can truly be wonderful and boring. How is this possible you might ask? And especially coming from me?

Well for me it is the times when you are using something totally dull as an event in order to hide. Yeah, this is really something that I do have occasion to utilized.

What happens is that I find myself in the awkward position of having to accept some lame event to attend in order to avoid dealing with someone. Yep, is that silly and cowardly I supposed too. Of course I manage to avoid calling it a lack of backbone by resorting to one of many excuses.

My personal favorite is that temporarily distracted from my duties by a need to take care of a priority. It sounds so impressive. The priority naturally was that I didn't want to risk getting my butt in trouble.

I do prefer putting it that way to some other options. Sounds do much more complimentary.

The fun of it all is when I can manage to handle all of this with a smile. Okay, it is one of those picture kinds of smiles you create to look happy if when you aren't.

But it does work for me. Actually most things work for me to some degree. And that is what is the most important.

However, while I sit and ponder if there might be occasions when actually telling the truth could be a good option, I have enjoyed not thinking in those terms. Just too darn depressing.

So option B works the best for me. Which I have to admit can be so darn frustrating if I get to some event, which is a feast of yawns and begin to panic.

What causes the panic is the fear that I might risk being infected with the dullness. Now that is truly scary.

Oh yeah, it really does scare me at times. After all what if I hang around them too long and end up thinking just like them?

Then where would I be? Fortunately, I have succeeded in avoiding this risk up till now. Which truly makes me happy.

Still, I do have lingering fear this will change some day. Thank goodness I do manage to get over that.

Sometimes it does take plenty of booze, but I make that sacrifice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home