Tuesday, September 18, 2007

STRIKES AND BALLS

I guess I am in a strike mood lately. So that means I'm thinking of all different kinds of strikes. And you can hardly think of strikes without thinking of baseball. Well at least it seems to be that way.

Only in this case I'm not sure I'm thinking only in terms of the traditional strikes and balls. That would be fine, but I think too predictable.

Nope, that will never work. Because it would be silly. In any case, what I'm going to make a priority here is to make this unique and special.

Which naturally requires me to be creative. So let me put this into the philosophical mode. One where I examine the issue of what does a strike really represent?

Some might claim it represents failure. But it can mean effort. That is what counts. That is the part that really does matter.

For at least it means you honestly took a swing. That means a risk. And risk taking can me you end up with a strike, but it can also mean you might end up with a home run. And that is worth the risk.

At least to me it is. Might not be to others, but it is to me. I like to focus on that option. Which makes the strike so much more important.

See that is the problem with balls. They mean you played it safe and in this case you got the benefit because the risk would end in a failure.

But does that mean if you don't swing and get a strike just the same it is a good thing? I don't think so.

I think it sucks. It is getting punished without even trying. And I never see this as a good thing.

Because you never tried. Okay my view again. And I understand that part. Doesn't mean it is a good thing though.

And the whole point for me is that my view makes me a winner. Okay, I will strike out at times, but I will also end up with my share of hits.

True, I have exaggerated my batting average. But then I do feel I'm entitled. Yeah, my rules.

And at least I feel good about the trying part. Okay the times that I get a ball can be a form of joy too.

But then it is all in the matter of the scorekeeping. And I do great at that part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home