Wednesday, September 19, 2007

STRIKE ONE

Back to the strike thing again. Guess I'm trying to exhaust myself on this subject. Too me strike one is a warning. A hint that you better pay attention.

Not enough to totally destroy you, just enough to get your thinking. And that can be a good thing. Just enough help to be sure you wake up and do things different.

Hopefully so you can like get ready for the next time. And then be able to hit a home run on the next pitch. Hey, it does happen.

True, strike one doesn't always mean it leads to a home run. But it can inspire to do things different.

That is at least the good theory from my point of view. It doesn't mean it works in real life, but I do enjoy the illusion.

And it is nice to have such dreams and hopes. Maybe they don't quite work to make like as perfect as we like, but that is okay. I can savor the illusion just the same.

Which still makes the whole idea of strike one important in my thinking. Yep, I really do cherish such opportunities to be challenged by life.

As long as I get to keep score. That is the part that does matter. You do need to be able to focus on what counts.

It is a plus in terms of planning and savoring whatever life has to offer. At least it works that way in theory. I did mention that part once before.

Probably felt like mentioning again because it does give me such joy. I don't know, what can I say?

Life is a game and everyone gets a chance to bat. But it doesn't mean we all get the same chance because we don't have much control over who is doing the pitching.

And sometimes they can be real difficult others easy. We don't control that part. We just have our chance.

When we blunder and get that strike one, well it is the time we can sit back and enjoy or the time we can complain. Or we can try again.

Funny how many times people will just give up. That happens a lot at times. As for me, well I always keep a few extra balls around to be sure I can fudge on my attempts at the plate. Diversion is a plus you understand.

In any case, I will love the time that we have to play. For if you aren't in the game you are no where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home