Thursday, June 28, 2007

JUST CAUSE

Well as I see this it is when you have a chance to do something that might be considered wrong, but in the situation it is acceptable. The most extreme case might be for example if you say shot somebody who was breaking into your house.

Shooting people is normally not an acceptable option in our society. And one I do agree with, especially if I say get catch in the middle of say counseling some needy housewife. Husbands have a tendency to be less than understanding it you do this in their bed without any clothes on.

And you can be sure that in such situations I am very thrilled the attitudes towards shooting are in place. Plus those great times of fate when I happen to be faced with a husband who is a bad shot. I think I have improved on that problem by making sure I find out before hand if a given husband happens to be a hunter for a hobby.

Fortunately, the good thing is that jealous husbands are also as a rule a tad incapable of holding a gun perfectly still. Anger seems to help with that problem. Which is good for me.

Gee here I am trying to focus on something important such as just cause and getting trapped strolling down memory lane. As much as that does thrill me, it doesn't really mean much in terms of contributing to all I want to say in this posting.

Basically, to me the whole thing I see in any of this is that just cause is an excuse. Albeit it a good one. But an excuse just the same.

However, it does work and that is what counts. Which is so much more wonderful than when something doesn't work at all and you still try to get by with the excuse.

Being a Mayor I do have a little more flexibility in this thing than the average citizen. But not as much as say the big boys at the federal level.

Now the have the power to make just cause anything they darn well please. And am I jealous. I'd love to have that option.

But alas they don't give it to me as Mayor. Which means I have to work harder at coming up with lies that work.

So you can appreciate how I would prefer to have the option the big boys have. I mean with so many they can even spend a lot more time being vague about it too.

Man how I envy that talent. It just makes me drool at times. But then since that will never be my option, I just do what I can to make just cause in my city work for me.

And as long as I don't hold too many press conferences to have to explain that often, I'm good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home