Saturday, June 02, 2007

WHAT'S THE POINT

There are way too many occasions to suit me where I have to ask this. Perhaps it is just a matter of where I live. I mean in the city of Mediocrity there are plenty of times when you do have to sit back and find any excuse to do something that will give you a break from the yawns.

It can be really tough at times too. Let's be honest here, when you live in a place where things suck and dull is the order of the day, you can hardly sit down and get excited much.

So you end up inventing reasons to not be bored. Let me tell you that isn't easy either. There are occasions when it just down right is almost impossible.

But we do attempt it whenever we can. And that is almost all the time. Which I don't mind since it really does help you from going insane.

Honestly all that is important in my city. I mean we do need so much to have a break from the monotony.

That is enough reason from my point of view. And I don't ask for more reason than when somebody says, "man I bored to death and need to do something."

However, that can be really frustrating when somebody feels a need to make some silliness have a point. It really gets silly.

What's wrong with just having fun to have fun? Instead it is like if we don't justify having fun they we aren't allowed to enjoy ourselves.

So this naturally leads to stupidity. That comes in the form of explaining things in a way that is totally ridiculous.

But does that prevent them from doing it? No way! It always ends up instead with them boring me to death with the why they are doing whatever.

It is so absurd. But you know I don't enjoy getting those stares if I do attempt to point out it was a totally silly need to invent some reason for having fun.

There is nothing that will destroy their joy of lying like telling them they are lying. It does not get a smile that is for sure.

So the result is I end up showing up for these events and hope that nobody bothers to have to explain why it is for fun. And along the way I honestly try to have fun too.

Which gets rather strained at times, but I have managed. Providing I find a good place to hide from the people who think they need to tell me all the reason this is fun. Believe me fun is the hardest thing to get from some of these deals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home