Tuesday, May 29, 2007

BIG PLANS WITH NO BIGNESS

These are often such wonderful events in terms of promise. You know they are planned by somebody who is supposedly good at making things turn out great.

Only when you get there, they suck. Sometime just doesn't go right. You keep telling yourself it will get better, but it never does. However, you hang in there feeling stupid, but still believing things will improve because there is no way they can stay that bad, but they do stay bad.

So you finally give up after way too long of hoping and then move on trying to convince yourself that being stupid isn't totally the disaster that it really was. Just the joy of presuming you know reality when you don't.

Now where I live in Mediocrity and live is always dull one just adjusts to the reality that big is never normally that promising. Oh we do want it to be, but it never works out that way. Which is rather annoying considering the fact that even though I know this I still think this time will be different.

Why do I keep doing this? Well because part of me assumes that somewhere in this god forsaken city where dull is a state of being somebody must exists who can do it better?

I haven't found them as a rule, but I sure do keep hoping. Oh I come close on occasion, I will admit that.

And there are substitutes that do help with the boredom. When I am able to spend time with my buddy reporter, Hugo Muckraker, I honestly have a decent time. But not a big one.

We can hardly through some big event considering most of the time what we are doing is less than moral and occasionally not always legal. But then with me being Mayor and him being the news, we can manage without the public finding out. We just don't get to broadcast.

Nope, even is the city of bland there are limitations on that option. So we end up having to keep our little efforts rather quiet.

Which results in us being forced to spend our time when there is some big social event tolerating the plans people will less than inspired thoughts in terms of having a good time. Actually, this you expect.

What is hard is when you have to cope with the people who have at least some small reputation for being entertaining. They give you hope.

Which is why with those deals you expect the big event to be really wonderful. After all how hard is it to mess up a barbecue with entertainment? But trust me they managed. Still I am sucker for hope, so I'll always cling to the desire to believe it will get better. However, I've also had faith in magic at times and that sure has never worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home