Thursday, May 24, 2007

DON'T TOUCH THIS

This is definitely sound advice in some situations. Oh yeah, you just have to know the times when it is best to not get involved in something.

For a guy like me that can be extra challenging. I mean as much as I enjoy money and making it anyway that is easy regardless of whether it is legal, there are times when I definitely have to not touch some options.

As hard as it might be to believe, there are occasions when I just know it is dumb and stupid to participate, so I don't. I'm speaking of situations where the person's idea is completely stupid. The type that screams if you try this you're going to be sorry.

And let me tell you when I feel that way, I definitely don't touch the idea. Which can be painful at the time because if the option had lots of money potential it really is something I hate to miss.

In any case though, I prefer in some situations the option of smarts to greed stupid. That is when you get selfish to the point of being willing to totally ignore common sense.

Those types of times happen way to often for me. And sadly there are occasions when some partner in some other deal is the one I have to say no to this time.

See that is the hard part with all this con stuff. You can have success in one situation, but it doesn't mean it will guarantee success the next time.

That is the big deal. Unlike some things were you can be considered a genius for your success, that doesn't work with this type of deal.

I understand it, but sometimes my partners don't. They will look at me so stunned when I say I pass on something.

Like, they can't understand if a winning combination worked before why it won't this time. Which is in part because along the way they got stupid from overconfidence.

And also deaf. Because they won't listen either. So that means they will go ahead and find some other clown to help them.

Oh I do encourage them. But most of the time, it is more that I feel sorry for them. At least after that fiasco sometimes they become smarter.

Just not all the time. And when they don't learn from one blunder and come back with an even more absurd idea, I don't say yes then either.

Ah, it is a strange life, living in the shadows. But I do manage. Sometimes I have to keep my eyes close, which is fine. As long as I don't have to listen to the screams from people who didn't care when I said their idea was dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home