Wednesday, May 09, 2007

READY AND READY

Well the traditional phrase is generally ready or not. As in you are going to get stuck with stuck with something whether you like it or not.

Which is sort of knowing it doesn't matter if you want something to occur you have to deal with it anyway. Only you don't have to honestly something you concern yourself with in terms of necessarily being prepared. Like if you aren't ready you can fake it.

That is fine if you are in a position where it doesn't matter if something happens. However, if it matters then you can just fake it.

That is what I'm talking about in this situation, where you have a choice of being ready or being ready. And believe me those are the worse times for me.

Mainly because you are forced to deal with some problem and if you don't you can get i big trouble. Most of the time the pain in the butt is that others set you up for this.

Which always ends up in you finding out too late to stick some other sucker with the task. And naturally if you don't want to end up looking like an idiot you figure a way to be sure things get done.

Only problem is since you weren't prepared if the project takes any thought, you often have to lie in order to create the illusion you know what you are doing. Because the one thing you can't do is let the person know how incompetent you really are.

That you can't afford under any circumstances. After all, you've spent so much time making sure people don't know how truly inept you are.

So you generally have to act fast. Which again only means more lies. And it is tough because they have to be believable.

Then comes the real problem. You have to figure a way to honestly do something too. That can truly make things unbearable.

For me the way I have learned to cope with this deal is to have a group of emergency options available. I even keep a small card in my wallet for just such situations.

The tricky part is figuring a way to be sure you can check out the card without the other person suspecting it is all rehearsed. That always requires some kind of diversion.

I know, none of that would be necessary if I just had myself ready to always do my job. That is the kind of perverted thinking that causes all kinds of problems from my point of view.

Only wish I could inspire others to appreciate such issues better. It just gets so exhausting at times coming up with new lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home