Friday, April 13, 2007

CHEESECAKE SALVATION

Let me tell you, I'm not one to necessary say that stuffing your face it the perfect solution to life's problems. However, there are times when there just is that precious time when you need some special outlet that isn't boring or ordinary.

Which naturally is something totally known by those who run restaurants. There is no way they don't know the power of food. And we aren't talking vegetables here either.

Nope, we were talking about stuff that tastes great and is bad for you according to the health advocates. But the one thing we never think about is their advice when cravings for something gooey possess the soul.

Of that you can be totally sure. When I look at that dessert menu all I'm thinking is yum. I'm not counting calories, I'm not worried about the ingredients, I'm just wanting to be saved from my misery for a few mouthfuls.

Now some might call that pathetic. These are the people who probably eat only foods that are good for them and are miserable way to often and not even sure why.

Oh they can claim they enjoy eating bean sprouts and exercising. Be all means keep claiming that.

As for the rest of us, it is pass the napkin because I'm going for the sugar rush! Just trying to lend a little honesty to this subject.

What really bugs me is the compromise artists. Those are the people that try and justify their splurges as other than a splurge.

They are the one's that try to get you to believe they never eat sweets as a rule. You don't get to check their refrigerators naturally. Or their pantries. Like they want that kind of embarrassment.

Instead, they order a piece of something truly tasty like cheesecake and then eat about half of it to show they have self-control. The whole time they ramble constantly while eyeing the half eaten piece of dessert.

Oh they never do actually finish it. What they do is when they think you aren't looking they order a whole cheesecake to go from the waitress.

Then when you leave they make some excuse to go back inside. The whole time hoping you'll leave and not notice the bag they bring out.

I try to cut them some slack on that one if I can. Sometimes that can get tough though. But normally, I can be bribed.

Oh you can be sure the bribe is more than a piece of cheesecake. Hopefully it comes from a nice lady. After all dessert definitely comes in a whole of different forms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home