Monday, April 09, 2007

LIPS WITHOUT BRAINS

It is a shame that we have two lips and only one brain. Even more a tragedy is that the lips are able to actually say what we are thinking.

Not that such problems are always bad. It is just that at times the brain is sort of on vacation when we engage our mouth.

Oh we might work harder at avoiding that problem if we really worried about that issue. The fact that we don't to mean is the result of us simply not caring. Yep, it sounds good to say we do, but honestly we don't. At least I think if we were honest we would admit it.

That isn't very likely though. It would probably be stupid if we did too. Unless everyone agreed to do the same, which isn't very likely.

However, that doesn't mean I don't wish for otherwise. It might really be nice if we found a way to lock up people's mouths when their brains weren't working.

Course I suppose then we would have to deal with a biggest issue. Mainly of the people who never use their heads when they talk. I'm talking about ever.

In their case the big problem would be that you couldn't leave the lock on their mouths forever. Otherwise they might starve to death. Might be a merciful ending to the problem, but I doubt you would get the courts to agree. Capital punishment is debated as it is, I would hate to think how the lawyers would deal with this kind of option.

And then there would be the lawmakers. I have to be careful on that one since I'm included with the bunch.

But I can imagine it would be very difficult to get them to agree on the exact nature of such a bill. I think I would opt for calling it the "Lip Me Stupid" bill.

I wouldn't have a problem doing that. Of course I wouldn't accept credit for that idea. I don't think I would care to listen to the complaints.

Hmmm. Perhaps we could work on that through some means such as making it a criminal offense to complain about the bill.

I'm sure we could include it in the bill somewhere. And by the time it got to be a law, it would be too late for anyone to change it.

That is the one thing I have come to appreciate. Law makers solution to a bad law is to make more laws.

It doesn't mean it works, but they feel better doing it that way. Meanwhile, I find it so much fun to dream. And the one thing I enjoy imagining all those fun people who talk stupid having pad locks on their mouths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home