Monday, March 26, 2007

TUCKERED

Yep, does anybody not feel this at times? I don't care if you run marathons just for the fun before exercising at some gym for three hours, we all run out of gas eventually.

And the older we get the more it seems our gas tank leaks. Nice image huh? I thought so. Been working hard at times to find new ways to express myself.

Not sure if anyone will think see us as some leaking gas tank will be an image everyone will like, but I think it fits. The important thing I think is to be sure we find the best ways to fill that gas tank in a way that we allow for the times it gets empty too fast.

How do we do that best? Easy, by making sure we take pit stops somewhere so we can plug those leaks at times.

Now where is the best pit stop? Well, I think that depends on the fuel you need to keep your engine running.

Okay, that might sound hokey, but I think it really is true. See, some people run off of amazing types of fuel. Basically, it for me is all about what truly makes you feel alive and energized.

I wish there was one "octane" level that works for everyone in that regard, but there isn't. Some people function best on regular. That is routine. They sputter along, content with the norm, never feeling a need to drive in the fast lane.

Others, need more. They need the kind of octane that really makes the heart race. Yeah, they can't function at the same old pace. It has to be the fast lane, no stop signs or signal lights.

Now the one thing that has to be understood with all of this is that the faster you race, the more you need a refill too. And so the more likely you will end up being in need of rest from being tuckered.

The big problem is naturally, you get so caught in wanting to enjoy the ride that you don't want it to end. Even when the gas gauge is pointing at empty, you are convinced you have got a few gallons left as a reserve.

Then naturally, you run out of gas somewhere that is totally a pain. And miles from any gas station.

So I like to keep that it mind. And pay attention to the gas needle. Basically to be sure I don't ignore when I'm feeling the old gas gauge nearly empty.

Sometimes I do miss it of course. Which is less than a reason to smile. But as long as I don't end up having to tell others and make up a good enough lie, I'm happy. Till the next time at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home