Wednesday, March 21, 2007

DISCOVERIES

Well there are things that one enjoys discovering and others that make you groan. For example, discovery you made an error in your checkbook in you favor will be a reason to smile.

Whereas having the gal you met at a bar and slept with discover she's pregnant is not a good discovery most of the time. I do try to not use my real name naturally, so it is a bummer of discovery when they find me just the same.

Well, that kind of discovery is one of those live and learn time. If you live long enough you discover the right method to be sure you don't end with them discovery who you really are.

That is naturally, not the only times when discoveries have a way of being either good or bad. And I wish that wasn't so common.

The ones where you have an employee who gives you the supposed facts on a given subject or project. They naturally have devoted all kinds of time and energy getting ready for this report to you on this given research.

So you listen very carefully, inhaling every word since you know at some point, you are going to have to explain it all in some council meeting or press conference. I hate that when I have to go to that trouble just because it is a city funded issue.

Which I have to tolerate obviously. And rely upon the information provided to be sure that my presentation inspires confidence.

If I have played my part successfully with the right heart felt baloney then I get to come away feeling satisfied that I manage to hit one for the grifter, which is mainly me. Of course I am the con man, grifter so I figure it applies to me.

Well, the down side to all of this is when I end up with discovering afterwards that the clown of an employee who did this report, discovered they made a mistake. Oh does that manage to really do other than give me a reason to smile.

However, the real pain in the butt is trying to go back to the council and make this discovery of a blunder as something that was in fact not a blunder at all. Which takes some pretty powerful lying at times.

That can be so down right frustrating, not to mention exhausting. Every once and a while they even have the nerve to ask questions about my double talk.

The good thing though is that I have had enough practice so that I don't have to worry too much these days about them discovery the truth. I would definitely be in big trouble if they ever found that part out. And thank goodness so far that hasn't happen. I just hope I never discover they are lying about that part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home