Tuesday, March 20, 2007

NO TRESSPASSING, JUST A WHOLE LOT OF VISITING

This is my last posting I think on this whole hands off deal. In this one it is to cope with the stupidity of telling people some place has no access, except and the exception includes everyone.

Like when they have a security guard posting in some office building. You know the type that is armed only with a flashlight and lunch pale. We're talking about a guy who is retired and lucky if he manages to stay awake while on duty.

Who is this guy going to keep out, butterflies? And even then he would have to call for backup. Which would probably be another old geezer who might not make it sense he can't remember the address and gets lost going to the bathroom.

So you would figure the people running the building would know this? Why then go through the silliness of having some senile clown pretending to guard the place? Is that really supposed to make sense?

Apparently it does to somebody. Talk about somebody missing brain cells! But they still manage to have enough bucks to own a building. Now that is really scary.

And they wonder why I have such an attitude in terms of ignoring stupid rules. I mean if you are expected to do this right, then for Pete's Sake have the brains to be reasonable.

Just make up your mind will you. Either put up some real form of threat in terms of keeping people out or forget it.

Is that too much to ask? I guess so with some people. Which fortunately, I don't have to deal with every day.

Actually, in our city there is not an abundance of such buildings. And only a few are dumb enough to exercise the sleeping, security squad of senility. That definitely helps to keep me from being totally nuts on this one.

If I work it right, then what I do is save up all my frustration for one day a month or two if I can really manage it. But I do have to be careful. I can only handle so much stupidity.

So I have to try and drown myself in booze before taking a trip to stupidville. If I work it right, I manage to get drunk enough to not care about the idiocy without passing out.

It is a challenge you understand. The right formula really takes practice. Trust me, it took awhile to work out the exact dosage

But I do pretty much have it worked out. And trust me, I do so savor those rare occasions of perfect inebriation when I can walk into those places without staggering and still appear coherent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home