Wednesday, March 21, 2007

PROBLEM SOLVING

I think the biggest problem with problem solving is the problem it gives you trying to figure out a solution. Oh the reality is that if you knew the solution you wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

That is a problem in itself. It stems from the stupidity of actually assuming you know what you are talking about. I do my best to avoid that whenever possible.

But the real hassle is trying to somehow manage to see the potential problems before they become problems. However, that itself is also a big problem too.

Because of the fact that some times problems are impossible to know till you try something. It is like no matter how hard you try there are bugs in plans and you have to try the stupid program before knowing what the problem is.

Which then brings the issue of problem solving. Sort of like, okay, we drop the ball on this one, now it is flat. So somebody please go a find a bicycle pump and let's see if we can fix this problem.

That naturally leads to a discussion for the sake of solving the problem. And you naturally can't have a good discussion without have a meeting. Which only works when you form a committee.

So everyone talks about having the meeting, but then somehow it doesn't happen. Oh they mean to, but somehow they spend so much time talking about a committee none actually takes place.

The whole time naturally the ball that needs to be fixed sits and remains flat. Somehow the real problem never gets addressed, but they feel so much better about it.

In the process everyone has a great time pretending some good was done when it wasn't. That seems to be the most important part of any choice. The feeling good about it.

Which of course leaves me in the wonderful position of having to somehow still get the stupid idea that we did good, when I have to fix the problem anyway. Oh well, I do my best to let them be them.

Then I do the real problem solving. And if I'm lucky, I don't end up having to get a head ache in the process.

That is the greatest joy for me. When problem solving takes place that I can handle without the need for aspirin or booze then I can smile.

Actually, I guess I don't mind the booze part that much. It helps to pass the day. I naturally always savor the option even when I don't have a problem. But then they aren't hard to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home