Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SEEING IS GRIEVING

Oh yeah this can be such a pain in the butt at times. I mean it is great when you can see something you've really wanted to see. However, if you get to look and what you see makes you faint, then buddy it wasn't worth the peak.

Sort of like with cyber relationships where two people lie about their real appearance. They don't want the other person to know they have a face like the back side of a horse and a shape like a egg. Well would you want to admit that and expect it to attract someone?

No, I think not. Oh you can forget that nonsense about love being blind. Hey, cupid has a bow and arrow, but no blindfold. So whoever is peddling that crap is probably doing it because they do look like a horse's ass.

I'm sorry, but that don't work for me. I'm not so picky I expect a gal to look like a goddess. But I do have this rule that the more the beauty fades the less I should need to bribe the chick to get some entertainment.

Seems fair to me. Not sure too many gals would agree though. And I'm sure at the same time they would expect a guy to be honest about how he looks. Seems like a double standard if you ask me.

But then nobody is asking me, that's for sure. And naturally, I don't feel a need to volunteer the truth at times either.

Well enough about those games. For me there is a larger application to this issue. Namely the big gap between fantasy and reality.

Yep, that one. A place where we end up looking for heaven and instead find a desert of yawns. Hey, that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to remember it for some future speeches. Might be a good zinger to let my buddy Hugo quote in a newspaper article. One of those he'll write to help take attention to some possible scandal when I blunder on a scam.

We call that an ink back up plan. He inks the story and I back up and hide. Love to dance you understand. When it means I avoid any bad press.

But that's one of those little options I love to keep aside for those moments when nature calls. That is the nature of survival. It really is more one that you have to have when you are always pulling fast ones and can bear getting caught.

So I have to endure those annoying times myself when seeing is grieving. Only doing it in a way that I see to be sure I avoid the grieving. That generally involves keeping my eyes closed at times after several beers till I can actually lie to myself.

Then I can open my eyes and all I see is the beauty of not seeing what I don't want to see. That is often because I pass out right after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home