Monday, March 05, 2007

TOO TRUE

Now this is really depressing. There are some things that you just wish weren't true. You hear the facts and keep hoping that the truth will somehow change.

And it never does. It just stays the same ugly and stupid truth with no chance of changing. Which is made worse because it is the truth in that situation is something everyone knows. So you can't even succeed in lying about it because it is common knowledge.

That makes things so much worse. I mean at least if the truth is not well known you can have a chance somebody will listen when you concoct some fabulous lie.

Those are the moments that really count the most I guess. When you can actually avoid the blunt reaper of grimness. Yeah, the truth.

That's right. It is how I view it. Those darn moments when truth is too true. Sort of like looking at your checkbook balance and trying to tell yourself adding a zero at the end will be a good choice.

Only the bank could care less. They are far too into the truth when it comes to money. You would think that they could cut you some slack in that regard. I mean just because they are dealing with numbers doesn't mean they can't have a heart too.

Um I guess we are talking about bankers. They hardly have a heart more than lawyers or politicians.

However, I would figure there would be profit to be made for them in lying about the truth. At least where money is concerned.

You know sit there and answer the phone and make you feel so much better by telling you that you have more money in the bank than you really do. They could charge for that service.

Then naturally they could make it all better in a way that totally raped you financially, but you felt good about it. Yeah, that would definitely be a plus I think.

Gee, I wonder if I ought to give them a call and see if that will be something they would want to consider. And who knows they might even give me a reward too.

Um, oh shoot. Now that I think of it, no point of trying that option. As I reflect on it they already have done this.

Only they don't call it lying. They call it credit. Work the same way pretty much. At least you can get plenty of crap to go with the lies if you work it right.


And if not, well, the plastic card does at least leave you the illusion of power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home