Friday, January 26, 2007

INTERVENTION

Who has never dream in an emergency of the cavalry arriving in time to save the day? Or better yet to the cavalry yourself and have a chance to be the hero and win fame, fortune and all the other good things that happen to heroes.

Regardless of the fun of happy endings and those where some miracle happens at the last minute to save whoever, they just don't always end up happening in real life. Not that we don't wish it were reality more often, it just doesn't happen as often we would like.

Basically in real life intervention as I prefer to think of it comes from one of several predictable sources. It depends on the kind of intervention you need.

The first one that comes to mind is the police. I suppose I ought to mention the fire department too, but I'm thinking more in this case of the traditional good guy, bad guy time of intervention. As terrible as fire is, it just isn't the same I think as a villain you get to root against and will celebrate when the good guys wipe them out.

So let me just think in terms of the cops for the moment. Okay let's do that. They are there to protect and serve us. Which is a great thing naturally. Hopefully it even happens that way.

Then you do have the misunderstanding though. Like the time you call the cops to help because somebody is breaking into your house and when they get there they mistake you for the burglar. That can be a tad disconcerting too if they happen to be in one of those shoot first and ask questions later routines.

My point is that with such intervention when it works right it is great. When it works wrong you probably can't fix the mistake with a band-aid very easy.

As for other fairly well known forms of intervention there is always the government naturally. They specialize in intervention even when you don't want it.

Of course they can be rather unpredictable such as in a natural disaster. Oh I think they mean well, but sometimes rules can be so confusing and it is very difficult with all those rules to get across the simple idea of "help please a tornado just ate my house."

So again it is not a perfect form of intervention. Well, I guess one should include when the military intervenes in something. But I guess when your job is to essential wipe out the bad guys and if you have to totally destroy a few cities along the way, nobody can't say it isn't part of the intervention.

I didn't say we all agree that it is a good kind, just that it is part of the intervention format of options. What I'm looking for is a nice young gorgeous woman to intervene in my life in a way that leaves me feeling so good I don't care about the types of intervention that don't work. Yeah, I don't good luck finding it. Hey, I can dream, even if my idea of cavalry is other than one that rides horse and wears a nightgown instead of a uniform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home