Wednesday, January 24, 2007

DIVINE PIE

There are all kinds of dessert. Most are considered fattening and without much nutritional value. But that doesn't keep us from craving them, does it?

Nope, no matter the lack of value they have in terms of sustaining life, we still will eagerly gobble down some nice dessert any chance we can. Well that is to say, some of us will, not all. There are some strange folks out there with will power who don't eat dessert. They are in serious need of help in my opinion, but that is for another posting.

There is one kind of dessert though that isn't fattening. That is the one that comes through revenge. But then sometimes you have to worry about the possible aftertaste of guilt that can sort of ruin the flavor a bit.

Which is why I love what I call divine pie. That is where some misery befalls somebody you hate and you didn't have a thing to do with it.

You can sit back and smile while person knows nothing, but misery and feel really good about it. Oh, I didn't say you do that to the person or others.

That is considered to be lacking class. And even though plenty of us would do that in private, we probably won't announce it to others openly.

Still, I got to admit that if I find out that some jerk I hate just got in trouble big time, I hardly feel sorry for them. Nope, I just prefer to savor the moment in quite and hope that it will last a very long time.

Of course I realize that God isn't about to take my advice on that subject. Which is probably a good thing. Because I might end up with him decided to serve me a big dish of divine pie in the process and I sure don't need that.

But in the meantime I'm just thrilled to savor the good news when it comes my way. I might even muster an 'ain't it a shame' if the mood strikes.

I didn't say I would honestly feel sorry for the person I just said I wouldn't mind uttering the shame thing in any case.

Ah, it really is fun at times when life takes an unexpected detour and somebody falls off a cliff. It is even better if they do it in a way where you can somehow profit.

Now that really is divine pie. It is just a shame one can't succeed in buying the recipe so you can fix your own version any time you want.

But I doubt that will happen any time soon. After all it could get really boring if everyone was tasting the same dessert at the same time.

I just want my plateful when I can. Which at times is a lot less that I would like, but more often that perhaps it might be. Works for me I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home