Friday, December 22, 2006

YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO...

I may have rambled about this at some point in the past. The fact that I can't remember just goes to show how well the topic sticks in my brain. Or should I say doesn't stick in my brain.

Promises are always great to hear. They might be more blessed if they came true. It really doesn't matter where you can take something if you do actually take it there.

But we try. That is we talk about it. Not that we really take it to wherever, but is sure sounds great.

Which is probably my best observation. Illusion if stirred by promises is so comforting. We love good news. It might suck in terms of what really happens, but it sure is nice to hear just the same.

Lately I have really been devoting a lot of thought to the subject of make believe. I know I'm suppose to be practical when being the elected leader of a city, but for some reason these days I'm not finding that appealing.

And I have concluded, no matter how absurd it might seem that make believe works better than reality. At least it is more fun.

Can you remember for example ever wishing you could fly? Okay, how many of us dreamt of being Superman?

It didn't even matter than he was from another planet or a fictional character, I would have enjoying getting to fly. True, I might have savored the chance to get lucky with that hottie Lois Lane too. But then that is a different kind of flying isn't it?

So call me silly if you want, I need those you can take it experiences. It just helps keep life from being completely boring.

Like for example the time I imagined the taking it to part had to do with somebody taking all the clothes in the city to a warehouse. Then everyone was forced to run around stark naked.

I have to confess my mind sure filled with some nice images of helping to comfort some poor grief stricken young women. Ah, the idea of civil service got interesting with that option.

I was truly savoring that fantasy till this one lady happen to come to my office who was, shall we say, something less than a vision of beauty. Imagining her in her birthday suit was not a vision that I really wanted.

So I went to the nearest bar, and soaked up enough booze to forget the image. At least seeing the cocktail waitress helped to temporarily revive the fantasy. That was till — um, never mind, I don't think I should spoil the fantasy for you with talk about what less that lovely came through the door next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home