Thursday, December 21, 2006

WOULD THAT BE ENOUGH

Ah, what tender and sentimental thoughts do arise from the most unexpected places. This particular one comes from that movie, "The Fiddler on the Roof." Even though it took place in another country, I think the comment reflects the opinion of plenty of people.

Basically, it is that old what if scenario of what we would do if we were rich. It is a nice fantasy, but let's be realistic, even if we were to get rich tomorrow it wouldn't be a ticket to personal freedom the way we hoped.

First of all you got the problem that if you got bucks, everyone will try to steal them. Oh some offer you service in return for the money, but they still want the money.

And if that isn't enough joy then you get to have the government as a partner. They will take what they want and otherwise ignore you like any good free loading partner would do. Can I hear and Amen on that one? I didn't think so.

Am I trying to suggest that being rich is a bad thing? Nope. Actually, I think it is a good thing, providing you don't turn into a jerk in the process.

I don't know, I savor my affluence and I suppose by some standards I'm well off, but I don't honestly consider myself to be the type who lives in a mansion and has servants. So I'm kind of a pseudo rich. Which means I got some money and nice crap, but I still go to work to survive.

I keep trying to figure out a way to reach some happy medium on this thing, but so far it hasn't worked. There just has to be a way to honestly have mega bucks without it ending up turning you into somebody who is a complete rat.

Which is kind of a pity since I got the rat part down real good. I just don't have the money to comfort me in my time of misery about feeling like a rat.

I know how they say the love of money is the root of all evil. What if you were to just like it a lot? Would that be enough?

Well, I'm willing to give it a try. I figure that if there is anyway I can manage to have a healthy bank account and sane mind it would be worth it.

Um, I guess that might be too big of a goal. I don't have a sane mind now, so I'm not sure regardless of the money I would have one.

However, the bucks might let me hire a shrink. That might be interesting I guess. But it would probably end up with my luck being the jerk would hypnotize and have me tell him where all my money was so he could steal it. Then afterwards he would bill me for the effort.

Guess, there are some things in life that just weren't meant to be. But you know I'll still have the right to imagine if I were a rich man and felt good about it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home