Wednesday, November 08, 2006

PAY ME NOW, PAY ME LATER, HECK JUST KEEP PAYING ME

Now that for me is the abiding foundation of most relationships. I know there is that trite aspect where people would imply that love is the real glue. Well, that might work in the movies, but in real life as far as I'm concerned we are all driven by a basic desire to satisfy our needs.

So in this posting I'm not talking just about paying in terms of money. I'm thinking of compensation on a much larger scale. Basically, in terms of anything you want from somebody and will make the relationship conditional on getting it before you do anything in return.

On a larger scale naturally there is the issue of how you can divide people up. There are the predators and victims. That's it in my book. Which translates simply into those who go on the prowl to suck others dry and those ready to bend over and be the victim.

That might seem a bit of a stretch I suppose, but not to me. I think it is very natural and applicable to life.

Which is naturally based upon the Limburger philosophy of life. This basically states that you should do unto others whether or not they deserve it or do anything to you first or later.

I know that hardly seems like a charitable approach. And that is my whole point, I see charity as an illusion.

I mean that in the sense that as a rule it only takes place when the person has something to gain. Maybe a tax write off, maybe some press, but outside of the occasional person with a truly demented view of life the average person will always have an ulterior motive for their actions.

Oh I can hear the protests now. Most of them will come from the types that want you to know how they aren't like that. Of course they probably wouldn't get so defensive if they didn't know deep down it really was their nature.

What I'm doing is being honest. If I meet you and decide to spend time with you it will be because I want something. Pure and simple.

As a politician the first thing I want is a person's vote. Then once I'm elected I want their taxes raised so I can have more to suck from the city's coffers.

Oh I will admit that I do make allowances for later. As in when I have gotten my needs taken care of, then you can have all you want.

The only problem is that I never seem to get to the point where I've decided I have all I want. I'm working on it of course. My current plan I figure will be complete about the time I retire. So I figure the rest won't mine waiting that long. Well, I'm not going to ask you understand. But it sounds good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home