Tuesday, October 31, 2006

LIES, CORRUPTION AND POPSICLES

I've always looked at the dark side of life as having a shelf life. By that I mean a lie for example just is only good for so long. It is sort of like a popsicle. Sooner or later it is going to lose its flavor and form and melt away when heated by the truth of whatever.

Likewise corruption is the same thing. Oh it might last a little longer, but it just seems that sooner or later it too will dissolve. The big difference of course being that a lie might just melt away and leave no visible evidence. However, with corruption it will leave a stain of some kind. People will notice so no matter how good it might have tasted once, when the good guys get through it is going to be pure garbage.

See that is the big difference between good and bad. With good you might have somebody try and mess with it out of jealously, but nobody is going to as a rule punish you for doing good. They might reward you, but at the same time you don't have to worry about any cops busting down you door to punish you for doing good.

I sure wish you could. That is because in my town it would be the perfect way to get rid of that insipid do-gooder Lance Allworthy. I can't decide, which I would want more, to get rid of him or that darn harp music I hear whenever he is around that I'm the only one who seems to be able to hear.

Now you would think just once I could figure a way to sabotage the dude. I mean even a traffic ticket would be nice. But NOOOO, it never happens. I had a cop I paid as mayor to pull him over once and write him up, but when the cop did pull him over and got one look at Lance's dazzling pearly whites, he just melted and beg to help Lance out with some cause. Heck I was lucky in that sense because with Lance if you try and mess with him some mysterious divine force zaps you. I could have had that cop come back to me and bust me for god knows what. So I guess I feel relieved that things didn't end up worse than the did.

Which all goes back to why to me I treat the whole idea of evil plots and lying like popsicles. I just know you can keep them up forever. You have to let them serve their purpose and then before they melt you go out and by a new box of popsicles, um that is lies.

That is the problem I think too many of the bad guys forget. They get a flavor of lie or corruption they enjoy and get hooked on it. They never give thought to the idea if you keep buying too many boxes of the same flavor of corruption sooner or later somebody is going to get wise.

I that doesn't work then you can expect the popsicle police in terms of the goodness people who want to stop corruption will be in the store looking for popsicle abusers. And they will find them even if you think you got a decent discount coupon.

So be wise if you are a popsicle kind of liar or corruption devotee. Once and while get smart and change flavors or otherwise you could end up with a cavity in you lifestyle from the people who don't like evil popsicles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home