Thursday, October 26, 2006

SAGGING PILLARS OF STRENGTH

I doubt too many people actually would regard the image of a pillow as one of strength. Pillows are after all more something we think of as soft and comfy.

So when you have some person get up to give a speech on strength that looks like swallowed a couple of pillows it does sort of go against the meaning of the word from my point of view. I'm not trying to ridicule the person understand, just merely pointing out that such an image sort of detracts from the credibility of them commenting on the issue of strength.

I might be the only one who feels that way, but I doubt it. It is sort of the same kind of feeling I get when I see somebody living in luxury sitting around in their mansion and talking about hardship. It is just a bit difficult to take that person all that serious from my point of view. I'm not saying they didn't work for what they have. Only that it just seems like that their appreciation for suffering would be affected by the lack of personal suffering.

I don't really wish to tread on dangerous ground here, but I'm speaking more in general terms of the problem of setting standards that you never apply to yourself. If you have the power you are going to do it. But let's be honest doesn't that sort of dig at you if you are sitting there working your butt off and the guy commenting on it being real easy is sitting in the shade and not sweating at all.

For me the one problem is that I'm among those who could be called the elite. Oh I'm only a big fish in a small pond to be sure, but as a Mayor I do have my share of special privileges.

And you can be sure I'm not about to part with them if I don't have to. I just have trouble accepting that if I'm going without something it will improve the other person who is still going to get the short end of the stick. That might sound like a justification, but it works for me that's for sure.

Actually when it comes to gleaming as much as possible for me there isn't much that doesn't work. It is always such a blessing to be able to be in charge of the rules. So when I make the rule that says, Rash gets the most, I sure don't complain.

I guess if it wasn't for all the darn lying I have to do in order to make the other person buy it that wouldn't be so bad. But then I do get a good chance to work on my creativity in the process.

And if I am having a real good day then I have the joy of even stretching things a bit where my own sagging pillow of a body manages to discuss strength. Heck, if I'm really warmed up you should hear my little speech on keeping fit. Naturally I only give that one when I can hide behind a podium. I mean I don't mind lying that much as I do being obvious about being a hypocrite. It is so much better if I only get those stares and not the comments instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger William Robbins said...

Thanks for reading Andy. Yes, Mayor Rash shares his thoughts daily,

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home