Wednesday, September 27, 2006

NEVER THE SAME

I think there are some defining moments in life that one you've experienced them you are never quite the same. Which is probably a good thing since who wants to deal with a CEO of some huge corporation that still acted like he was ten years old.

And I'm not even sure I mind the aging process so much. It is the fact that as you get older you get sicker and then you die. If you just got older and stayed healthy, no problem. But it doesn't work that way, darn it.

So basically having life changing events can be very helpful. That is providing they lead to healthy choices and not disasters.

When you have a trauma type of experience it is never something anyone celebrates unless you come through it and good follows. Then you can see the merit.

I guess the one question a person might ask through this whole process is what am I rambling about the obvious? I suppose the best reason is because I think it points to the futility of presuming you can always keep life at a certain level of probability.

We should know that is true, but sometimes I do wonder. You see so often talking in terms of the future or that nebulous someday when they are going to change their life in a way that it is never the same. I'm talking about something such as winning the lottery.

Alas, those kinds of never the same just are more dreams for most of us than reality. Instead, we kick back, soak up a few beers and then watch some stupid movie in hopes of forgetting whatever relevant aspect of our life sucks the most.

Now comes the fun part if I have ended up in depressing you? Try for a change to look back on your life and imagine that how it is now is a reflection of the best of your life instead of something else.

Quick, no fair leaping out of a window at that idea. It really isn't as bad as you might imagine.

Then ask the tough question. Can you be cool as you are? If you can't answer that with a yes, then what can you do to tweak it a little?

I'm not talking of major change, just enough to feel like you have improve. Get a hair, but a new set of clothes. Anything that lets you smile again.

Okay, I know that is all silliness perhaps when you want fireworks and I'm offering water balloons at best, but I toss it out just the same. After all, what else have you got to do that is exciting anyway?

As for me, well I'm just doing what I can to languish in the simple comfort of my mansion and enjoying the company of all my young, single and sexy female servants. And if you believe any of that then you have perhaps started on your journey towards a good never the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home